Can Your Organisation List?
My Community Directory is for health and community organisations that provide community services and activities.
Registration with the directory is free but is limited to those organisations and individuals which meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Provides services that are free, or minimal cost, or are funded by the council, state or federal government
- Provides services that can be accessed by people in the community and are free, funded, low cost or subsidised.
- Run events to support people or groups in the community
- Provide advocacy or support services to the community
Services which have a significant cost can list if most users may claim back a large proportion of the fee from sources such as:
- My Aged Care
- National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Health and Allied Health services which are claimable with most major health funds
Generally, services which are run as a for-profit business with no available subsidies cannot list. This includes:
- No win, no fee lawyers
- Commercial gyms
A special exemption is made for the following organisations if the fees are in-line with common practice:
- Local cultural, sporting, dance and music organisations
- Local galleries and artists
- Local halls and facilities which can be rented at reasonable rates
Please note that websites that do not provide a direct service are not eligible to list.
- Opportunities for platforms to promote through a sponsorship model will be available in late 2020.