General Recreation and Leisure
The City of Parramatta is global Sydney’s dual CBD and is the gateway to the places, services and experiences of Western Sydney.
Leisure and Business business are a growing part of the City’s visitor economy and there are many reasons to visit our destination. We also offer a range of Welcoming initiatives for residents, students and workers moving into Parramatta. Call our centre to find out more.
- An accessible and affordable destination
- A range of accommodation price points
- Access to team building and adrenalin experiences, locally and in the wider region
- Eat Streets and Harris Park - Explore the global flavours of Parramatta City
- Visit the renowned UNESCO World Heritage listed Old Government House and Domain in Parramatta Park
- Embark on a heritage trail, get off the beaten path and discover Parramatta through some of the nation’s oldest buildings such as St John’s Church, The Dairy Cottage and Elizabeth Farm
- Explore the Governor Macquarie era with Use our "Digi Macq" App and see history come alive
- Visit Australia’s only Prime Ministerial museum and collection – The Whitlam Institute in the Former Female Orphan School
- Explore the Parramatta River on the RiverCat service or enjoy scenic foreshore walks and cycling
- Aboriginal cultural heritage sites remain in many places, including Parramatta Park and Lake Parramatta Reserve
- Visit our sporting and entertainment precincts - Rosehill Gardens Racecourse and Riverside Theatre, home of the National Theatre Company of Parramatta.