Our transport services are a lifeline for many people. They assist clients to have continued independence and confidence by transporting them to medical appointments, social and community activities and shopping centres. We also transport clients to visit loved ones who are living in residential care.
We provide transport services to maximise our clients’ independence and to support their community access needs.
We have a pool of experienced, casual drivers who can provide physical assistance when needed. Our drivers are able to help clients into and out of vehicles and escort them on their errands.
Our experienced staff and volunteers can assist you to attend medical, shopping or social appointments.
Community Bus Service
The community minibus service is for seniors and other people who are isolated in their communities through limited transport options.
It is available to:
- seniors with mobility or confidence problems
- people living in residential care/nursing homes
- people with mental illness who cannot cope with regular ACTION bus services
- people with permanent or temporary disability
- carers accompanying any of the above
- parents with young children who are socially isolated through a lack of transport options
- people with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including new migrants, whose transport options may be limited due to factors such as their unfamiliarity with transport services and/or lack of support networks
- people who are eligible for funded transport services but cannot access them – for example, people with a disability who use wheelchairs and cannot self-transfer into vehicle seats.
- Community groups whose participation and socialinclusion would be enhanced by use of this Service.
For more information, including how to make a booking, please visit our website: https://commsatwork.org/services/community/transport-services/
Quick Facts About The Region
Contact Community Transport
Similar Providers Nearby
Wheelchair Access No
Disabled access Wheelchair Access
Accessible By Approved service users
Access Fee Contribution fee
Age Ranges All ages
NDIS Transport, Social and Community Participation, Transport
[email protected] has a long history in the Canberra region, working to build resilient, sustainable and socially inclusive communities. Our mission is to enrich the lives of people in our community in life changing ways, and as Canberra’s largest not-for-profit community organisation, we are responsive to the needs of the community, delivering high quality services that support positive educational outcomes, assists in alleviating hardship, enhances the quality of life and leads to positive social change.Visit [email protected] website