General Recreation and Leisure
The National Capital Exhibition tells the story of Canberra, Australia's national capital. Through interactive displays, the Exhibition illustrates Canberra's vital role as a symbol of Federation.
It features the people, events, history and design which contributed to the development of this unique, modern, fully planned city.
- Uncover why Canberra was selected to be Australia's national capital and the other towns which were considered.
- Explore Walter Burley Griffin’s prize winning design for Canberra.
- Learn about the Indigenous people of the Canberra area and their link with the Bogong moth.
- Experience the Canberra Sound and Light Show with its scale model of central Canberra.
- Build one of the iconic buildings in Canberra using Lego and Duplo blocks, or create your own design in Brick by Brick.
- Hear the story of Canberra presented in seven different languages.
- Enjoy one of the best lakeside views of the Captain Cook Memorial Jet and the Parliamentary Triangle.
- Realise our national capital belongs to all Australians!
For more information contact:
Phone: (02) 6272 2902
Fax: (02) 6247 1875
E-mail: [email protected]
Quick Facts About The Region
Contact National Capital Exhibition
Similar Providers Nearby
Disabled access Parking, Toilets, Hearing Loops
Referral Required Self Referral
Accessible By Anyone
Access Fee No fee
Age Ranges All ages
Activities, Art exhibitions, Historic Buildings and Sites, Walking