General Legal Assistance & Information
Court Companions provide practical assistance and support for victims of crime attending court by:
- going to court with you to provide support before, during and directly after you give evidence.
- helping you to understand the court process by meeting with you before court to help you understand how the criminal justice system operates.
- showing you around the court beforehand so you are familiar with where you have to go on the day of court.
- assisting you to find information about other services available to victims of crime.
- organising access to a safe waiting area, where you can wait before and/or after you give evidence.
As well as providing the above assistance and support, Court Companions can go with you to court while you find out about and apply for Family Violence and Protection Orders.
Quick Facts About The Region
Contact Court Companion Program
Similar Providers Nearby
Accessible By Anyone
Access Fee No fee
Age Ranges All ages
Court Support, Crime Victims