General Legal Assistance & Information
Canberra Community Law provides free, independent and confidential legal advice and casework services.
We provide six legal services:
- Housing Law: can provide you with free legal advice if you are having problems with Housing ACT or a community housing provider in the ACT.
- Social Security Law: can help you with Centrelink and Social Security matters if you are living in the ACT or south east NSW.
- Street Law: providing legal help to people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
- Disability Discrimination Law: can help you if you have been discriminated against because of your disability.
- Socio-Legal Practice Clinic: can provide intensive legal and social work assistance to help with urgent housing, disability discrimination and Centrelink problems.
- Night Time Legal Advice Service: provides information, referral or one-off legal advice in most areas of law.
- Dhurrawang Aboriginal Human Rights Service: provides advice and representation to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities in the ACT.
Quick Facts About The Region
Contact Canberra Community Law
Similar Providers Nearby
Disabled access Parking, Ramps
Accessible By Anyone
Access Fee No fee
Age Ranges All ages
The Administration Internship Program is an opportunity available to third or fourth year law students. The Night Time Legal Advice Service is an opportunity available to lawyers, law graduates and law students.
Affordable Housing, Disability Discrimination, Homeless, Legal Aid, Legal Information Services
Canberra Community Law (formerly Welfare Rights and Legal Centre) has been providing legal services to people on low incomes for over 25 years. Canberra Community Law has substantial legal practice experience and expertise in its areas of specialty.Visit CANBERRA COMMUNITY LAW website