General Legal Assistance & Information
ACT Government statutory authority which; prepares wills where the office is named as executor or co-executor; administers deceased estates under will or intestacy; is a trustee for life interest estates; persons lacking legal capacity; and provides financial management under enduring power of attorney and under order of the ACT Civil and Administrative Tribunal. PTACT also acts as Chair of the ACT Official Visitors Board.
We exist to provide permanent and secure Trustee, Guardianship and Administration services to the ACT community.
Our services include:
- will-making (where the Public Trustee and Guardian is appointed executor);
- administering deceased estates under will or in intestacy;
- acting as attorney under Enduring Power of Attorney;
- trustee for trusts created in Wills, Deeds and Court Orders for families, infants and people with disabilities;
- acting as agent for the Territory to receive, manage and dispose of assets forfeited under the Confiscation of Criminal Assets Act 2003;
- administer moneys declared unclaimed under the Unclaimed Money Act 1950, Legal Practitioners Act 2006and Agents Act 2003, including receiving moneys, processing claims and investing funds;
- investing moneys held in specified government trust funds;
- acting for people with disabilities where ordered by a Court;
- acting as Manager and Guardian of Last Resort under appointment by the ACT Civil and Administrative Tribunal;
- providing an annual examination of the accounts maintained by external managers on behalf of people with impaired decision-making ability; and
- act as administrator for the ACT Official Visitor Scheme and Chair the Official Visitors Board.
Quick Facts About The Region
Contact Public Trustee and Guardian
Similar Providers Nearby
Disabled access Parking, Lift
Accessible By Anyone
Access Fee No fee
Age Ranges All ages
Languages Japanese, Urdu (read and write only), Pashto, Punjabi (read and write only) Hindi, Myanmar and Arakanese.