Disability Respite and Activity Centres
Our Gift of Time program funds short term care services for people living with multiple sclerosis in ACT, NSW, Victoria and Tasmania.
This includes domestic assistance, personal care, respite and community access to a maximum of 10 hours.
Gift of Time is designed to prevent the breakdown of formal and informal supports (such as carers) in situations of urgent need, where there are no other options for services. It is a positive experience for both people living with multiple sclerosis and their carers.
The program operates with donations from a range of generous private donors, trusts and foundations.
To be eligible for the Gift of Time, you must:
- be registered with MS (you can do this by contacting MS Connect)
- have a demonstrated care or respite need that cannot be met by ongoing community services
- not have a current National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) plan
Prioritisation is based on:
- reducing the potential for premature admission to a residential care facility
- people living with a sole or aged carer
- people who have fragile health and complex multiple support needs
- people who have no or limited access to other services
- enhancing the quality of life of people, families and carers who are at risk in their current environment
- providing emergency care or respite where issues of high support, risk or urgency have been identified
Quick Facts About The Region
Contact Gift of Time
Similar Providers Nearby
Disabled access Parking, Toilets
Accessible By Members only
Access Fee No fee
Age Ranges All ages
ACTION Bus routes 1 and 2
Multiple Sclerosis, Personal Care, Respite Care Services