Welfare Assistance & Support Services
The Staying Connected program provides personalised support to help you get back on track with your electricity and water bills.
For your electricity and water bills, ActewAGL will:
- Work with you to set up a flexible and affordable payment plan.
- Stop further debt recovery action while you are on the program.
- Make sure your electricity remains connected while you are on the program.
- Ensure all relevant government concessions and rebates are applied to your account.
- Keep in regular contact.
- Provide tips on saving money by using less electricity and water.
- Connect you with other organisations that may be able to provide you with advice and support.
To be eligible you must be willing to agree to a personalised payment plan and to keep in regular contact. You must also have an outstanding small retail ActewAGL account that can't be paid before your next bill for reasons which may include the following:
- Loss of income
- Relationship breakdown
- Physical or mental illness
- Chronic illness of yourself or a family member
- Budget management issues associated with low income
- Business loss or failure
- An unforeseen drop in income or rise in necessary costs
To see if you are eligible or for more information call 1300 138 574.
Quick Facts About The Region
Contact Staying Connected
Similar Providers Nearby
Accessible By Approved service users
Access Fee No fee
Age Ranges All ages
Emergency Relief, Money Management, Utility Services