General Communication & Information
This Centre provides a single point of contact for the general public, service providers, general practitioners and other health professionals for information on community, aged and disability services and carer support.
The Centre can also help arrange respite when carers need to take a break from caring. They provide information needed by carers and help organise, purchase, or manage respite care assistance packages for carers. Examples of respite care assistance include in-home respite care; support workers to assist you when you are taking a break away from home; and residential respite care.
The service can provide Information and referrals (Carelink) to anyone in the Southern Highlands Centre region.
Carers need to be registered with the Commonwealth Respite and Carelink Centre for respite services.
The Centre has local knowledge about:
- the range of services available and how to contact them
- who is eligible to receive the services
- whether there are any costs associated with receiving the services, and
- aged care assessment services for access to Community Aged Care Packages or entry into aged care homes
Contact the Centre for information on the following services:
- household help, home modification and maintenance
- personal, nursing and respite care
- transport and meal services
- disability services
- day care and therapy centres
- assessment, including Aged Care Assessment Teams
- special services for dementia
- continence assistance
- support for carers
- Community Aged Care Packages
- aged care homes
- a range of allied health care, and support groups
Organising and paying for respite
Our staff can help you choose from the available respite options and directly arrange bookings for many services. Respite services usually involve a nominal fee and we can find out if financial assistance is available to help you to cover the cost.
Upcoming Events at Southern Highlands Commonwealth Respite and Carelink Centre
Quick Facts About The Region
Contact Southern Highlands Commonwealth Respite and Carelink Centre
Similar Providers Nearby
Disabled access Toilets, Wheelchair access
Accessible By Anyone
Access Fee Contact us for details
Age Ranges All ages
Aged Care, Allied Health, Assessment and Referral Services, Carers, Day Care, Dementia, Disability, Frail Aged Care, Home Nursing Services, Personal Care, Respite Care Services, Support Groups, Therapy, Transport