Play Groups & Childcare
Playgroup is an informal session where parents, carers, babies and children aged birth to school age come together in a relaxed and friendly environment.
Playgroup gives children an opportunity to:
- have fun,
- make new friends, and
- develop new skills through informal play.
Playgroup provides parents and carers with:
- an opportunity to meet other parents and carers,
- make friends, and
- share ideas and experiences.
Playgroup also allows parents and carers to:
- spend quality time with their children,
- encouraging, helping or simply playing with their children.
- are run by, and for the parents who attend.
- usually held once a week for a two hour session,
- held in a variety of venues such as church halls, community and neighbourhood centres, Scout or Guide halls, schools and in people’s homes.
Playgroups are located throughout the ACT: there’s probably a Playgroup just up the street from you!
All Playgroups registered with the ACT Playgroups Association receive support from the Association in the form of general information, visits and assistance from Development and Support Workers, ideas for activities, developmental workshops, invitations to ACT Playgroups' events, and more.
Quick Facts About The Region
Contact Community Playgroups
Similar Providers Nearby
Disabled access Ramps and wide doors at certain parts of the building
Accessible By Anyone
Access Fee Contact us for details
Age Ranges All ages
Playrooms for hire for members as well as photocopying, laminating, badge machine and santa suit hire.
Children, Families, Parent, Playgroups, Preschools, Toddlers
ACT Playgroups assists families with children under school age (0-5) to connect with other families in the community through attendance at playgroups. We support playgroups to be welcoming, inclusive, fun, sustainable, social outlets.Visit ACT PLAYGROUPS ASSOCIATION INC website