Family Relationship Service for Carers
The Family Relationship Service for Carers aims to provide support and meet the emotional needs of people who care for a family member with a disability or mental illness. This program focuses on rebuilding and maintaining strong family relationships for carers.
Areas the service can help with may include:
- concerns about your capacity to maintain a caring role
- ensuring that decisions made are in the best interest of the whole family
- defining the roles of family members
- managing pressures that arise from family roles
- conflict or disagreement associated with relationship breakdown, cultural or generational differences
- anxieties around what planning for the future entails
- referral to financial management services
- future living arrangements for the person with a disability
Our Counsellors can help by listening carefully, assisting you to explore options to change and supporting you while you try changes to improve your family relationships. We are available to present at support groups to provide information about our service and on relevant topics of interest to the group. In addition, we can run psycho-educational groups as required.
CatholicCare Counsellors are professionally qualified Psychologists, Social Workers or Counsellors. They are skilled in individual and family therapy as well as having vast knowledge on the roles of carers and the impact that caring has on family members. CatholicCare provides ongoing supervision, consultation and professional development to program staff. All staff subscribe to a set of professional ethics that include respect for the individual’s right to privacy and confidentiality.
This program is provided as a free service.
Also has an office at 105 Monaro St, Queanbeyan.
Quick Facts About The Region
Contact Family Relationship Service for Carers
Similar Providers Nearby
Accessible By Anyone
Access Fee No fee
Age Ranges All ages
Carers, Families, Family Counselling