Local Advocacy Services
Through this service our advocacy staff can help carers negotiate complex bureaucracy, link into financial or legal service support and access services such as the Human Rights Commission and Ombudsman.
We can also build self-advocacy skills, enabling carers to be more prepared to negotiate with service providers.
The service focuses on short-term and goal-specific issues and begins with an initial assessment to assess the level of support required.
The service aims to:
- explain carer rights and how to access any service complaint pathways
- liaise with all parties to investigate issues
- develop an individual action plan to manage expectations
- promote the carer's ability to self-advocate
- negotiate to achieve a resolution