General Accommodation Services
The Supportive Tenancy Service (STS) assists people across Canberra to maintain a safe and stable home. The service is available to all households, including public and private tenants and home owners. STS provides outreach support to people in housing stress, or who may be at risk of homelessness, regardless of the reason for their circumstances. The service also provides opportunities to expand knowledge, enhance skills, access resources, and build connections to communities in order to manage issues that may be impacting a tenant’s capacity to maintain long-term secure accommodation.
How Supportive Tenancy Service Assists Tenants
Common types of support include:
- providing information and exploring ideas and options
- making referrals and connections to other services (including specialised legal and financial advice as well as youth and family support, and in home care)
- accompanying tenants to hearings at ACT Civil and Administrative Tribunal (for the purpose of support rather than legal representation)
- negotiating with landlords and lenders, and
- advocating for tenants with other parties.
The Supportive Tenancy Service operates as a partnership between Woden Community Service, the YWCA of Canberra and BCS. Each organisation is responsible for delivering the service in specific locations, with BCS covering the Belconnen and Gungahlin areas.
STS works with people who have an existing tenancy. People who are experiencing homelessness should contact OneLink.
Quick Facts About The Region
Contact Supportive Tenancy Service
Similar Providers Nearby
Disabled access Parking, Toilets, Ramps
Accessible By Anyone
Access Fee No fee
Age Ranges All ages
Theatre, meeting rooms, sports hall, gym, art rooms - all for hire.
Advocacy, Assessment and Referral Services, Court Support, Outreach, Tenancy Support