Crisis & Emergency Accommodation
Northside has a range of supported accommodation properties for women, with or without children, that aim to provide a safe space to stabilize circumstances for up to 12 months. During that time our team will work in partnership with tenants to ensure they access the support they need to thrive and reconnect with their communities of choice. Our ultimate goal is to support families to access safe, permanent and affordable housing.
Our team also recognises that a large proportion of women and children are homeless as a result of family or domestic violence which is why confidential and discreet emergency and safety planning for each of our tenants is available upon entry into the program.
Support we offer includes:
- transitional accommodation for up to 12 months
- support to regain control, confidence and strength
- connection with specialist services e.g. legal, counselling, parenting support, health services, and domestic violence support
- linkages to education, employment and training
- court support
- support to access long term affordable housing options
To access Northside Housing First clients need to be referred to Northside Community Service via Onelink. This is a free service for Canberrans who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Onelink 1800 176 468
Quick Facts About The Region
Contact Northside Women's Supported Accommodation Program
Similar Providers Nearby
Referral Required An Organisation
Accessible By Anyone
Access Fee Contact us for details
Age Ranges All ages
Gender Female only
Domestic Violence, Supported Accommodation, Women